Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trying Art Journaling...


This is the first time I have put paint on paper and boy did I have fun.. Eliza of Queenartoypia said to try this live link in the USA to the lovely Tracey.  So thought well I can have a go at that..

So I bought my first ever Art Journal and here I go..

This is the link to the  Vintage paper I used, I decoupaged it on to the paper. You really cant see very much of it but it was supposed to blend into the background, but I think I got a bit carried away with the pretty blue.. I used Kaisercraft paints as they where what I had.  Will have to get a nice green for the leaves but I liked that bright yellow and the blue.  I need some make up sponges, I just sponged it on with a sponge and it was a bit bubbly with the texture.  Good old bubble wrap for the blobs of circles, like the look of them. Tim Holtz stamp for the sentiment.
I got very covered with paint and had a smile on my face the whole time.
So I know, different for me hey! 
But that's what I want to do this year is try all different things and expand my knowledge of art, and the many ways you can do so many different techniques.

Have a great day
Sandy :)

1 comment:

  1. Well good for you trying something new and messy, you're braver than me, I really don't like painty hands lol. The project has turned out really cool, what you gonna do with it? I guess if it's a journal it just stays in the book.
    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..