Sunday, March 17, 2013

Challenges 4 Everybody #16 DT


Hi everyone, this week at Challenges 4 Everybody I have a Journal page that I have been working on.  I purchased this lovely dress form stamp from Kaisercraft and just had to ink it up..  With this page I started with tearing up papers that had a dress pattern on it and sticking it down with mod podge.. I then sponged over it with a beige and white acrylic paint..  I put holes in the side on the left and got a bit of thread and did a bit of hand stitching.  Stapled the lace on the bottom of it as I just wanted a bit of texture.. The flowers where all white, I sponged them with pink and painted the buttons for the centres so they where the same color.  I stamped with a word stamp here and there just to add a little something, then got the hexagon stencil out and sponged in pink..  The sentiment, it so fitted my theme. I had never heard this before and just knew it was the perfect one for me.
'Chains do not hold a marriage together.  It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years' Quote from Simone Signoret. 
Isn't it just a lovely quote.  
Here are the pages individually..




So this week at Challenges 4 Everybody we are sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs They are giving away 4 free images to our randomly picked winner.  We would love to come and visit your blog and see your creation.  As always its everyone's favourite Anything goes.. 

I am entering this in the following challenges..
Make it Monday 
Art impressions   Anything goes
Simon says stamp and show
Our New Sponsors!

Have a great day
Sandy :)

10 comments:

  1. Stunning journal pages, love them!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you journal pages. I am new to paper crafts and your easy to understand tutorial has given me some ideas. I love your style.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal page and images Sandy. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! These are stunning - especially love the added pink! Saw you on MIM and had to pop over for a closer look.
    Hugs,
    Katherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy...your art journal pages are stunning! I love the soft pink colors of your background. The black stamped sewing images you have randomly placed on the backgrounds are so striking against the pink! I love the laces and the stitching you've added as embellishments. The sentiment is such a lovely thought and perfect for your art journal pages! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. I saw this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your art journal pages Sandy, love the colours and design,really super..and such a beautiful verse...

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - this is totally lovely pages! I like to do this type of creations and now you have inspired me to get busy and do a nice journal or mini album!
    I saw your creation posted at Make It Monday.
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful page. Love the soft colors and all the details. Thank you so much for sharing at Make It Monday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..