Thursday, March 13, 2014

By the Sea...

Joined in live with an art journal Pajama party.. Although its the middle of the day and I wasn't in my Pajama's it was fun to paint along.. Tiare at Classygirl said at the start to picture in your head somewhere peaceful and take that as your colour choices.. Well my peaceful place is the sea so blue's lots of blue's where taken out to use.. I got this great stamp set that I have been dying to use called By the Sea by TJ designs rubber stamps by Tweety Jill.. So it was fun to paint along in my fun journal and just have a good time getting paint on paper.. I had not used this for a few weeks so it was good to get it out and get some more paint in it.. 
I sewed with the hessian and linen for the background of the stamps and made them into a bit of a line of girls, I liked the way the three of them look altogether like that.



The girls kind of look a bit washed out but they just look more faded and aged to me.. They are stamped in vintage photo ink..



So always good to have another journal page done and get some paint and glue on me..

Going to link this up at Addicted to stamps This week its Anything goes. 

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

5 comments:

  1. was indeed fun watch Tiare and seeing her create her peaceful place... now to see what you gathered from your peaceful place.. wow! Love the blues and specifically the stamped girls on the linen and the anchor! gorgeous page !! so inspired by my artistic circle of friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Vicki, and what a wonderful peaceful place to be too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, what a stunning scene you have envisioned and brought to life on these pages, Sandy! I'm in awe! I'm so delighted you linked this up with ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamping, love the background and your girls on hessian. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely work of art. I love the sea too and wished I lived closer to one. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..