Monday, December 8, 2014

Cherish the Moment...


Another fun one to do. I am loving doing separate pages and being able to sew my layers onto it.. 
I started with a layer of Gesso with the Dylusions harlequin stencil.. I then sprayed with Dylusions orange and yellow and blended all around the edges and over the Gesso with Tim Holtz distress ink, tea dye.  Then some splatters with purple, orange and blue Dylusions. Stamped with my new Prima stamp with black archival ink love those little circles. Then more stenciling this time the Dylusions letters with Brown archival ink.. 
Collage is done with the Kaisercraft, Authentique and the craft paper is stamped with a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp.  I then sewed all around everything with my sewing machine, my favourite part to do at the moment, other than the inky bits.. I typed 2 whole pages of all different quotes and printed them out onto card stock from my printer.. So these are such fun to just pick one and add it onto my pages.. Distressed all the edges of the collage elements and then inked them all with more of the tea dye distress stain. The photo that I used I got from The last door down the hall freebies - siblings so cute..

I printed out a whole page of them to use I love those old sepia photos. 
So just more inky fun and sewing with collage elements and lots of layers.. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

2 comments:

  1. These two pages are awesome!! I love the idea of having your pages separate to be able to sew on them. I've often thought it would be cool to sew on my journal pages, just couldn't figure out how to get my book into my sewing machine....lol.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..