Friday, April 24, 2015

Colour fun...


I watched a fabulous tutorial over on Rae Missigman's blog. It was one of her 15 minutes of Mixed Media youtube videos that she has been doing.. The colours got me, those orange and pink with that striking yellow had to have a go.. I had made these glue gun stencil, stamp flowers a while ago.. So thought I would use those and see how they went. 

   
I have used them with sprays and on my Gelli plate but have never tried them with paint through them with a sponge.. I used Gesso through them and it worked ok. It gave me an image to go with. So I still did go over some of them with some more Gesso with a brush. I painted a couple of them with the colours that I had used on the background. I used all DecoArt Media line paints, Primary yellow and the Cadmium Orange Hue. The pink that is in the background, I mixed some paints to get the colour I wanted. I wanted a really soft pink, so I mixed the Quinacridone Red with Titanium White and it really came out so soft and pretty. The blue drips are Liquitex ink the Cerulean Blue Hue.


For the stamping I used a Kaisercraft stamp set called Rewind collection, so many cool stamps in that set.. I chose the three different circle ones.. One I used for the centre of the flowers. I also used France Papillon's design cube the handiest little stamp I have, that lives on my desk.  Lots of doodling on the pages and around the edges with my signo white pen and my black Pilot Permaball. I had a lot of fun with this. I typed a heap of quotes that I liked out and printed them out, they are so handy to just grab one and cut it up. I glued that on with my Helmars Tacky Craft Glue

Saying hi over at Paint Party Friday.

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors - and I like the idea of glue stencils

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea and love the colours. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done and great idea with the glue stencils!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pages Sandy-love your hot glue flowers too! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty!! Love your little glue gun stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those background colours are just so alive... makes the whole thing zing with energy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this page!! Great color combo and I love your glue gun flowers! I really have to try that one day. Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial, I'm still a bit weak on that with the journaling. This is great and the colors are fantastic. Blessings, Janet PPF, DLP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool stencil idea. I had never seen that before. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..