Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Love the art...


Loving the Moleskine sketch..  I really did not think it would hold up to everything I chuck at it. The paper is not thick but as a friend said, "it is the equivalent of silk in the fabric world". Kind of sums it up really well. 

I just wanted to play today and when I play in my Art Journal I always grab one stencil and paint and just see where that takes me.. First I added a layer of Gesso then tore up some dictionary paper and glued that down with DecoArt Decoupage.. I grabbed some DecoArt Media line Cobalt Turquoise Hue mixed with some Titanium White to make it a bit muted. I brushed that over the dictionary paper and then rubbed in some Gesso here and there too. It was time to use the Andy Skinner Baroque stencil.. The pattern on that one is so delicate.. I just used a makeup sponge and some more Cobalt Turquoise Hue. This time I did not tint it down with the white. Some stamping with distress stain in Peacock Feathers it's my favourite colour distress ink. The stamps I used are the France Papillon design cube, little circles this time.  I also used a Tim Holtz stampers anonymous stamp it has music and numbers. Time to turn to the collage, for that some scraps of Kaisercraft papers. I sewed around it and a little random zigzag here and there. My machine is being a bit weird when it is sewing need to play with the adjustments. Used one of my quotes that I have printed out, thought that one fitted this page well.. Love the art that's inside you.. We all need that message and it was perfect for this page where all my favourite things came together. I glued all the collage on with Helmars Tacky craft glue

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful page, I love it. I wish that this came as easy to me as it does to you. I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..