Sunday, April 19, 2015

New Art Journal...

 

I started a new art journal. I have been wanting to try this Moleskine since I got it for my birthday last year.. I have only ever worked in one Art journal at a time but now I am finding that I have a few on the go at the same time. 

I started with Gesso then decided to use tissue paper sewing pattern and glued it all on with DecoArt Decoupage.  I then just grabbed my DecoArt Americana paints in Wisteria and Dessert Turquoise and scraped over with a card.  Then for some interest in the background I grabbed the DecoArt Andy Skinner stencils. I used the Industrial Elements and the Made to Measure 8x8 stencils with the Tuquoise Blue. It's subtle but I know it's there..  I added circles with a lid and stripes with the edge of a card in the Americana Ebony Black. The white I used Gesso and then watered down the black and white and a bit of the Turquoise Blue and got the fan brush out and splattered. Then I started looking around youtube for some inspiration as I had this background done but just did not know what to put on the top.. 



So off to youtube for some inspiration and one of my favourites to watch is France Papillon. I found this great  youtube of her doing this wonderful heart all patchworked. It looked fabulous so I had to have a go..  I added the Quote. Smile it is the key that fits the lock to everybody's heart. That quote is so me.. 


France also printed with Black StaZon ink and made lovely wings for her delightful character. So thought I would try and stamp my key stamp on some transparent binding covers I have and cut them out. That worked so well, I will be doing that again. I added some glue dots to stick, but underneath I popped a little movers and shapers diecut, the Tim Holtz lock. 

So first pages done in my Moleskine and I tried a few new techniques. 

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. awesome page.. love those DA paint and AS stencils

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, at first glance I saw a wood grain (don't know why). I turned out just beautiful. I love France, but I am intimidated by her work so good for you!!! Love looking at your wonderful artwork :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..