Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Journals...


With only a few pages left in my Quill Art journal it is decision time.. I have been hoarding these three journals the Moleskine sketch (I received for my birthday last year), the small Dylusions (have had over 12 months it was a gift from 2 Xmas's ago) and the Monte Marte Sketch (can't remember how long I have had that one, must be over 2 years).. All very different papers.. So thought why does it have to be a choice of which one.. So radical idea here, I am going to use all three at once. So when I am waiting for something to dry I can just use another journal woohoo. 



So grabbed the Dylusion journal and then thought hmm have not used the sprays for a while better get a refresher and some tips from Dyan Reaveley. So watched this youtube tutorial and found that the biggest tip was spray water and make puddles of colour. The other tip that I picked up was that, it was just a background, have fun with it. Then what to pop on the top. Well I have so been wanting to use my new DecoArt Andy Skinner stencils. I used the Industrial Elements and the Made to Measure 8x8 stencils. They are so cool and I love that steampunk look.. I used my Momento tuxedo black ink and the round blending tool, to do all the stencil work. 

Edit 
Ooops I forgot to post this.. This was supposed to go up last week Gee I have made 4 pages in the moleskine since this.. Think that has to be my favourite Art Journal to use so far. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

2 comments:

Thank-you for the lovely comment..