Sunday, May 3, 2015

Drawing...

Last week in The Artstronauts Club. Teesha Moore popped some collage sheets that she had made from Tracy Moore's (her husband) drawings. I have always loved the way Tracy fills his journals with these amazing characters.. Most of them are just made up of small shapes. Spots, squares and lines all joined and connected, come together in his drawings to make these awesome characters.. Teesha said we could use the collage sheet in our journals or use them for inspiration.. I printed out the collage sheet of awesome drawings and was itching to get my pen onto some paper..  Tracy had drawn this wonderful head of a bird so thought ok will try to draw that. I loved the big beak and spiky hair. When I had the head drawn well it needed a body and a tail.. Then well it needed a hill to stand on and it just kind of grew.. 


Next came these characters. Tracy had this one eyed guy that he had drawn.. The good thing about only having a one eyed character is that you don't have to draw 2 eyes the same and there is no spacing issues between the eyes.. Bonus... My drawings are not as detailed as Tracy's. He has far more little lines and circles, little words all combine to make his drawing something that takes time to look at.. If you would like to see more of what Tracy has drawn and the totally wonderful Art Journals he makes check out his blog http://sustainedconfusion.blogspot.com.au/


I had to pop this reminder on this page for myself to 'Draw every day'. I try to draw something even if its just a few dangles in my Art Journal every day.. Its good to practice, practice and practice.. 

So day 3 of the #90daysofblogging accomplished. If you would like to pop over and see what the others joining in on this challenge are up to today.. 
Here are the links...

Tamiko McCurry
Donna Lueders
Sandee Setliff
Sharon Estes
Yvonne Armatage Gebauer 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

1 comment:

  1. OK, 3rd time is a charm.......I love your work!!! You make it look so easy, yet I struggle with it. Love all your work you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..