Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Closer...

Fun collage and layering today.  I got 2 new stencils so they had to go in my art journal.  I have been after that Balzer Designs Mini tiny circle one for a while. I just love the way it looks. Think there is something about circles and splatters yep, I know, I am hooked on stencils.  

Started off with DecoArt Media Line Gesso on both pages. Then I used the DecoArt Americana Desert Turquoise and the Margarita coloured paints and painted that on with a paint brush, blending together with a bit of Blue Mist here and there. Then it was stencil time and used the Tim Holtz Argyle stencil with the Blue Mist paint and a makeup sponge. I very lightly went over the background on both pages, leaving some spots empty.  I then grabbed the Balzer designs Mini Tiny circle stencil and the Lamp black paint. Just randomly stenciled here and there. Then it was time for a focal point. Some collage today. So I found this great quote in amongst my stash of papers from Kaisercraft and painted some book papers to match my background. I went around all the papers with Tim Holtz distress ink in Tea Dye adding a layer of hessian and a piece of a hexagon die cut, torn into pieces. I used Helmars Tacky craft glue to piece them together let them dry thoroughly and then sewed around the quote and in random places. I then used more Helmars Tacky craft glue and stuck them down in my Moleskine art journal.  To finish off I covered my collage elements with scrap paper and used some watered down Gesso and a fan brush to add white splatters. I always think it ties it all together nicely at the end. Then with my round blending tool and black momento ink I went around the edges of the pages. That's it, all done for another double page spread. I really like the way these colours blend and the way the Argyle stencil in the Blue Mist used both in the background and through the stencil looks so like it is supposed to be there.

I am linking this up with Balzer Designs, Art Journal every day. 

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. This is very very very pretty and fun Sandy. Tiny circles is one of my fav stencils - it fits so nicely in big spaces and little ones for that extra umph! Your colors are so great together. Totally love the burlap - no idea why! It just seems to fit with the green and blue - all earthy tones. And the sentiment etc is super. I like the open, contemporary feel of the piece. SUPER. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!!!! You do such awesome works of art in your journals. I too love those stencils but have yet to get them. Love seeing your works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my eye on that small circle stencil, so I guess I am just going to have to get it now. I adore your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..