Thursday, February 2, 2017

Gridded and Dozens...

I made this journal with rings at the side in a class a few years ago and have never used it. I thought this would be perfect for this challenge, as I can pull the pages out to work on them separately. For this challenge Rae would like you to make marks. You kind of have to decide what kind of marks you like to make so look through previous journal pages and see what your marks are. Rae does give you a sheet to download with some of her marks she likes to use and the is another page to download with the prompts for the 30 days. 
I have given myself another mini challenge to sew on all 30 pages with my sewing machine.
Day 6 Gridded 
Using my stencils that I cut out of cardboard I stenciled the shaped on with  DecoArt Americana acrylics. I then sewed a grid pattern with my sewing machine. I really like the grungy look of the black and white Gesso. 

Day 7 Dozens
Added a butterfly from a Kaisercraft stamp set on top of some painted dictionary paper. Added the quote stamp from Tim Holtz on top of some Gesso so it would stand out. The main card I thought I would do 12 marks of everything so 12 triangles 12 dashes and also the number 12 to go with the prompt of dozens. Adding splatters is always fun. 

Have a great day 
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..