Friday, August 11, 2017

Playing card ATC's with Helmar

Over on the Helmar Creative Team page I recently posted about an Artist Trading Card or ATC swap with the Australian art swap group on facebook. It's where you re-use playing cards to make mini art. They have been traded by artists for years.  With this swap you had to make 22 ATC's and send them off and then they were mixed up and you got 22 different ones back. 
So these were the ones I made for the swap. 


So to start they said the easiest way was to glue all the cards on to a piece of card stock and treat it as one page. Thought that was a brilliant idea so I used my favourite product the 
Helmar Decoupage Craft Paste to glue all my playing cards on.


I like to glue the paper and the back of the cards and then press any bubbles out with the Helmar glue spreader. You get a really good finish and it dries clear.

 

I used Decoart Americana paints and some of my home made stencils to do the shape at the sides. The stamps were Tim Holtz and Darkroom door for the dragonfly, lady bug, be free and fly words. Also the Prima honeycomb stamp. 

To put my quotes on I used the Helmar Tacky glue.


This was such a fun project to do and I am looking forward to getting my 22 ATC's in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..